Applications for the RootCamp Acceleration Program for Startups in Germany in 2023 are currently open.
RootCamp is interested in finding solutions for the so-called upstream area of the Agri-Food Tech value chain. It is specifically interested in the following 9 verticals but feel free to apply if your startup operates in a related field.
- AG-Biotechnology: including inputs for crops, (including seed, fertilizer, pesticides, genetics, microbiome, breeding, and input for animals and animal health.
- Agribusiness Marketplaces: including commodities trading platforms, online input procurement, and equipment leasing platforms.
- Bioenergy and Biomaterials: including non-food extraction and processing, feedstock technology, agriculture-related pharmaceuticals like cannabis, and industrial biotechnology.
- Farm Management Software, Sensing and IOT: including agricultural data capturing devices, decision support software solutions, and big data analytics.
- Farm Robotics, Mechanization and Equipment: includes on-farm machinery, sensors, automation, drone manufacturers, grow equipment, and smart irrigation.
- Innovative Food: includes cultured meat, novel ingredients and plant-based proteins.
- Supply Chain and Packaging Solutions: including food safety tech, food traceability tech, logistics and transport, food processing tech, waste recycles tech, packaging solutions, and sustainability tech.
- Novel Farming Systems: including new methods of farming living ingredients
Worth of Award
- The program offers an intense program that is customizable according to your needs.
- For early-stage startups, it has an acceleration program of 3 months and a subsequent incubation program of up to 12 months.
- While for later-stage startups, it is accepting rolling applications so there is no deadline and you can apply all year long.
- It is worthy of note that the acceleration grant can reach up to 50k euro.
- are change makers and entrepreneurs, who are passionate, committed and forward looking. The main selection criteria are you, your team and your ideas.
- have a solution in the B2B Agri-Food Tech sector in the so-called upstream area of the value chain.
- from all around the world and from all stages (pre-seed, seed, or late stage startup) are accepted.
- are required to be fluent in business English, but application can be in German too.
How to Apply
Apply online for the RootCamp Acceleration Program via the official website.
Deadline: January 16th, 2023.