Applications for the UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator in 2023 are currently open.
The Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a 6-month programme which aims to support the global business community
in their journey to respect human rights. It will do this by modeling the human rights due diligence process through a series
of technical and peer learning sessions, and working with participating companies to set concrete targets to address their
own salient human rights issues. Run in collaboration with Global Compact Local Networks, the Business & Human Rights
Accelerator will reach companies at scale and seeks to raise the collective impact of business towards respecting human
rights and labour rights globally.
Worth of Award
By participating in the programme, you will
- gain an understanding of where your company is on their human rights journey
- receive an assessment of actual and potential adverse human rights impacts and the ability to prioritize action
- gain the ability to mitigate your human rights impacts, including grievance mechanisms and remedy
- learn ways to engage stakeholders on business impacts
- take an action plan to advance human rights in your company and beyond
- engage with a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your human rights journey and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to human rights due diligence
- receive a certificate demonstrating completion of programme
- The UN Global Compact invites companies everywhere to join the Business & Human Rights Accelerator.
- In order to take part, companies are required to be participating companies of the UN Global Compact and currently engaged with a Global Compact Local Network in their region or willing to join one.
- Two company representatives (ideally from sustainability, human resources, supply chain sustainability and/or corporate risk management) may participate in the Accelerator activities and events.
- Additionally, an executive-level “ambassador” will be required to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events.
How to Apply
Apply online for the UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator via the official website.
Deadline: Application Deadline: December 16, 2022.