The University of Surrey invites applications for the Breaking Barriers Studentship Award in the UK for the 2023/24 academic session.
The University is committed to ensuring that our Doctoral College is accessible, inclusive, and representative of the society we live in. The exciting new studentship opportunity aims to address the under-representation of women, men, and non-binary students within specific departments to help advance gender equality and diversity whilst funding aspiring leaders of research.
You will be joining this world-class, research-led University at an exciting time. This is because it provides innovative and world-class doctoral training, with an outstanding research environment that connects supervisors, doctoral researchers, and research support staff within a multi-disciplinary approach, making the University of Surrey the ideal place to start your research career.
Worth of Award
- Full tuition fee waiver p.a.
- Stipend at UKRI rates p.a. (currently at £17,668)
- Research Training Support Grant of £3,000 to cover the funded period.
This studentship is available to UK and International applicants who identify as women in the following programmes:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Music and Digital Media Arts
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering – Advanced Technology Institute; Information and Communication Systems; Space Engineering; Vision, Speech and Signal Processing
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
- Sound Recording.
Applicants from any department where there are particular issues in relation to gender balance amongst their PGR community are also eligible.
Applications for the Breaking Barriers Studentship Award are also open to full-time or part-time candidates.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for a place on a doctoral programme for this studentship award is