Applications for the Milken-Motsepe Prize in Green Energy in the USA in 2023 are currently open.
An underlying motivation of the Milken-Motsepe Prize in Green Energy is that new sources of reliable, sustainable electricity can help advance progress across the full range of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), by helping expand access to quality education and safe housing, for example, and by powering agricultural innovations that can expand food security.
Winning teams will demonstrate the ability to deploy distributed green energy solutions at scale in Africa, with the goal of dramatically expanding access to reliable electricity. Teams should make use of new technologies or should adapt existing technologies in innovative ways to generate at least 60 kWh of off-grid electricity daily (24 hours) using green energy sources.
Worth of Award
The winning team will receive a $1 million grand prize.
- Anyone is eligible to register regardless of age, geographic location, or any other factor. If someone has a great idea, they can participate.
- Minors will require someone of the majority age to sign legal documents on the team’s behalf.
The following individuals or teams are not eligible to participate:
- Any individual or entity organized or with primary residence in an embargoed country
- Any individual or entity listed on OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List or other sanctions list administered by OFAC
- Any current or recent employee or immediate family member of an employee of the Milken Institute or the Motsepe Foundation
How to Apply
Click here to register
Deadline: March 2023.