Grist invites applications for the Grist Fellowship Program for Environmental Journalists and Storytellers in the USA in 2023.
The Program is a paid opportunity to hone your skills at a national news outlet and deepen your understanding of environmental issues. The experience is designed to give early-career journalists with a demonstrated interest in environmental issues the experience to succeed in climate and environmental media. It offers real-world experiences at a fast-paced news site, training in a variety of skills key to a journalism career, and exposure to the leading sustainability thinkers and theories of our time.
Worth of Award
- The annual base salary for these positions is $50,000.
- As limited-term employees, fellows and their eligible dependents are also eligible to participate in Grist’s health benefits programs.
- All fellows will receive a company laptop for the duration of their time at Grist.
- Grist aims to help train the next generation of environmental journalists and storytellers.
- The Grist Fellowship Program is designed to provide newsroom experience for early-career journalists who have a demonstrated interest in environmental and climate journalism and media.
- Maybe you already have a journalism fellowship or two under your belt, and now want to pivot toward environmental reporting.
- Maybe you’re a scientist with strong writing chops who wants to reach new audiences. Perhaps you recently graduated from journalism school or ran your school paper while you were in undergrad.
- You might even be a freelancer with several years of reporting experience, looking to learn what it’s like to work in a newsroom environment.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: The application window for Grist’s 2023-2024 fellowships closes December 19, 2022, at midnight PT.