Erasmus University Rotterdam invites applications for the Erasmus PhD Programme in Business and Management in the Netherlands for the 2023/24 academic session.
Consistently ranked in the top of management research centres in Europe, the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) has created an environment for the development of internationally recognized management knowledge with academic and societal impact since 1998.
ERIM researchers, a community of over 450 management scientists, are focused on the real needs of business and management. They are dedicated to produce relevant and excellent research that adds innovative dimensions to management knowledge. ERIM combines publishing in leading academic journals with effective dissemination through research projects and advanced doctoral programmes in business and management for aspiring researchers. Where possible, research is created in conjunction with business.
Worth of Award
PhD positions are fully funded and salaried positions in accordance with Dutch labour laws. The starting monthly salary for PhD candidates is
- € 2541,- in year 1
- In year 2, it is € 2960
- Year 3 offers € 3098
- € 3247 is the offer in year 4 and 5 (all mentioned figures are gross and fixed amounts).
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a total of 4 or 5 years. Depending on the project, further extensions are possible.
To be considered for a position in the PhD in Management programme applicants are expected to have:
- At least an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics. Or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on the PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT-test (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE-test (Graduate Record Examinations) is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is above the 85th percentile.
- ERIM requires that applicants whose native language is not English have to submit scores of the TOEFL/IELTS test. If the language of instruction of your entire university education (bachelor and master programme) was English, you may submit a TOEFL/IELTS waiver request.
- In addition to these formal requirements, applicants for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s).
How to Apply
Your application should include A
- curriculum vitae in English, including all personal data.
- certified copy of all academic diplomas in the original language (certified copies should bear the original sign and original seal of the issuing office).
- certified translation of academic diplomas in English or Dutch (if applicable).
- certified copy of all academic transcripts (lists of grades) in the original language (certified copies should bear the original sign and original seal of the issuing office).
- certified translation of the transcripts in English or Dutch (if applicable).
- statement of purpose (why you wish to apply for a PhD position at ERIM and this position in particular, what are you interested in researching if you are accepted for this PhD position, and why you are the right person for this PhD position)
It should also include
- Two academic reference letters (only academic reference letters are accepted).
- Original GMAT or GRE test score
- Original TOEFL or IELTS test score
Deadline: Application for the Erasmus PhD Programme in Business and Management closes January 15, 2023.