Council of International Students Australia (CISA) invites international students to apply for its International Postgraduate Student of the Year Award, 2014. This national award will be presented to an international student who has been pursuing a postgraduate program either at Master or PHD level, and has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and has contributed to the internationalization of their institution.
The Council of International Students Australia (CISA) is the national peak student representative body for international students studying at the postgraduate, undergraduate, private college, TAFE, ELICOS and foundation level. CISA was inaugurated on Wednesday July 7, 2010 at the University of Tasmania, Hobart through the joint efforts of the National Union of Students (NUS), Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations (CAPA) and the Australian Federation of International Students (AFIS).
Worth of Award
Apart from the basic worth of Award which will be communicated to successful applicants, they will also win the opportunity to attend the 2014 CISA national conference in Adelaide.
To be eligible for this award, individual must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a course at an Australian tertiary education institution that is registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- Must have completed a minimum of 50% of the current course enrolled in
- Evidence of international student status (copy of Confirmation of Enrolment CoE)
How to Apply
- Applications are done online (see link below)
- All applications and relevant documents MUST be complete before sending.
- Statement of endorsement from the education institution and / or other organizations attached with the application form
- Names and contact details of 2 referees who agree to be contacted to provide further information on the nomination
- Copy of latest academic transcript
- Agree to full terms and conditions
- Ensure application is completed before submitting
- All relevant documents must be sent to [email protected]
- The winner will be selected by a 90 : 10 approach.
90% of the decision is made by an independent committee made up of industry, government representatives and student groups.
- 10% of the decision will be voted by international students through “Liking the Facebook Post” of each application
Deadline: closing date is May 23, 2014. The outcome will be emailed to all applicants and announcement will also be made by C.O.B 27th June 2014.
Click here for more details and to apply online