Asido Foundation invites applications for the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition in Nigeria in 2023.
The Asido Foundation is a Not-for-Profit Mental Health Advocacy Charity with the aim of providing evidence-based information, specially tailored advocacy efforts as well as interventions; with the long-term view of contributing towards filling the huge mental health needs of the Nigerian populace.
Its major areas of activity include:
- Mental Health Advocacy
- Service User Empowerment
- Building Resilience
- Mental Health Reforms
- Youth Mental Health
- Leadership Training
- Policy and Services Research
- Promoting Emotional Well-being.
At the end of the competition, participants will:
- Have improved knowledge on mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
Worth of Award
Ist Place: ₦ 200,000
2nd Place: ₦ 150,000
3rd Place: ₦ 100,000
- The Asido Foundation’s Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- To be eligible, interested participants must be able to provide proof of studentship and also sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
How to Apply
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: [email protected]
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.