Oxford University invites applications for the Black Academic Futures Scholarships in the UK for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Black Academic Futures Scholarships offer UK Black and Mixed-Black students financial support to pursue graduate study at Oxford. The University relies on bringing the very best minds from across the world together. This is irrespective of their race, gender, religion or background to create new ideas, insights and innovations to change the world for the better.
Worth of Award
- Each scholarship will cover your course fees in full and will provide you with a grant for living costs.
- Awards are made for the full duration of the fee liability for your course.
- Up to 30 scholarships are available for applicants who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom.
- Applicants who are of Black or Mixed-Black ethnicity and who hold an offer for either a taught or research postgraduate degree. One starting in the 2023-24 academic year.
- This includes all full-time and part-time DPhil and master’s courses.
- These scholarships support students across the University and are open to all subject areas. However, some funding will be dedicated to supporting students on specific courses.
How to Apply
- To apply for the Black Academic Futures Scholarship, all you have to do is submit your completed graduate course application, including ethnicity information.
- This should be by either the December or January deadline (whichever is relevant for your course) and you will automatically be considered.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents and there is no separate scholarship application form for these awards.
Deadline: Application deadlines range between December or January depending on the course.