RMIT University invites applications for the Bayesian Approaches to Screening Designs of Experiments in Australia for the 2023/24 academic session.
This project aims to explore the current literature on Bayesian supersaturated D-optimal designs and develop new Bayesian A- or D-optimal designs that are more cost-effective and can be used with multi-stratum structures such as split-plot designs, control type I error around the desired level and improve the power.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship is worth $33,000 AUD per year for 4 years.
Eligible applicants must fulfill all the following 3 requirements.
- Have a Master of Science or Engineering with a research component (thesis).
- Have a Bachelor (Hons) of Science or Engineering.
- Have an excellent knowledge of programming in R.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to A/Prof Stelios Georgiou within a single email titled “Scholarship Application in Bayesian Approaches to Screening Designs of Experiments”.
In this email the applicant needs to attach
- A cover letter describing how the applicant’s skills and research experience address the selection criteria.
- A current CV, academic transcripts, and a list of publications (if applicable).
- At least one reference letter.
- Degrees in Science or Engineering or equivalent (honours and MSc).
- An interest in design of experiments and statistics.
- Knowledge in using the R software in designing experiments and Bayesian Statistics.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: November 30, 2022.