Oxford University invites applications for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarships in the UK for the 2023/24 academic year.
Oxford is a truly international university as is reflected in the fact that more than half of its graduate students come from outside the UK. Together, they represent over 160 different countries and territories. It is interesting to note that there is no ‘Oxford type’ as its students come from all kinds of backgrounds, and all bring something unique. That’s why it aims to make Oxford a welcoming environment in which all of its students can thrive and reach their full potential.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs.
- Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s scholarships are available for applicants to any full-time, one-year taught master’s course.
- Eligible courses include the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences, or Humanities Divisions. Excluding Masters of Business Administration and Master of Public Policy.
Applicants should ordinarily be resident in
- Angola, * Botswana, * Cote d’Ivoire, * Democratic Republic of the Congo, * Ethiopia, * Ghana, * Kenya, * Lesotho,
- Malawi, * Mauritius, * Mozambique, * Namibia, * Nigeria, * South Africa, * South Sudan, * Swaziland, * Tanzania,
- Uganda, * Zambia or * Zimbabwe.
- All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form.
- However, successful applicants will be transferred to Wadham College in order to take up the scholarship.
How to Apply
All applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Selection is expected to take place in July 2023 so send in your applications early.