Applications for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for International Students in the UK in 2023 are currently open.
The first year of the programme includes a rigorous academic Master’s course at Oxford and a Leadership and Impact Programme. It will support the scholars in developing collaborative leadership qualities needed to build cross-sector, interdisciplinary solutions to address complex social and environmental problems.
After completing their Master’s Program, Scholars will be supported to take up 4-6 months placements in leading Africa-based organizations for their Ubuntu Period of Service. The scholars will work on initiatives in Africa, receiving mentoring from leading Africa-based academics and practitioners. This mentorship will enable the Scholars to develop pathways to building impactful careers in Africa.
Worth of Award
- This full-cost scholarship is available to Master’s students, covering tuition fees and living expenses for international students.
- It also provides logistics support. This includes an economy return flight, visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees, settling down allowance, and access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
- All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship emphasizes explicitly groups who have historically been under-represented, including but not limited to female scholars. Others include people from refugee and displaced backgrounds and disabled scholars.
- Necessary residence considerations will be made for students from refugee and displaced backgrounds.
How to Apply
Applications should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships are ongoing.