Applications for the New Asian Writing Solitude Writing Grant Program in 2023 are currently open.
New Asian Writing (NAW) is a literary community dedicated to publishing quality fiction and non-fiction with an Asian theme.
Worth of Award
- NAW understands how important it is for freelance writers to work in solitude and will provide monetary support to pursue creative projects.
- The total grant is INR 50,000 and will be payable in two installments of INR 30,000 and INR 20,000).
- All writers/journalists/bloggers working in the South Asian Region are eligible to apply.
- While the nationality of the author does not matter, the work must be related to the South Asian region.
- Amateur writers are strongly encouraged to apply and the accepted languages are English and Hindi.
- Accepted proposal formats include articles, blogs, journal pieces, as long as it will lead to a book sometime in the future.
How to Apply
- Submit a proposal of 600 words (title included) explaining why you need the grant money and what you will spend it on.
- The budget submitted should focus on equipment, travel, and stay during research work.
- The first 400 words should explain what you plan to work on and a brief about your background and writing works (if available).
- Keep the budget part limited to a paragraph or a small table.
Note that accepted proposals will focus on fiction or non-fiction writings that will ultimately lead to the production of a book.
Deadline: Applications for the New Asian Writing Solitude Writing Grant close in December 20, 2022.
Submit via email to naw.submissions[@]gmail.com substituting the “[@]” with “@”with the subject line: Proposal for NAW Solitude Writing Grant 2022