African Youth Architects (AYA) invite applications for the Metaverse Design Thinking Course for African Designers and Architects in 2023.
The Metaverse Program has a goal to celebrate diversity and educate talented designers and architects from African countries through workshops and lectures on Metaverse Design Thinking. Its goal is also to provide them with a sustainable network of professionals in order to bridge the knowledge gap between Western and African countries and allow them to be participants in a competitive global market.
Participants will be educated by tutors from different disciplines and nationalities. They are experienced professionals with a broad network in their particular field. They are equally dedicated to supporting the participants during the workshops and in the future.
Worth of Award
The Professional Certificate Program from African Youth Architects Research Lab and 01X enables you to:
- Learn in-person from renowned educators and leading professionals.
- Network with an accomplished group of peers from around the globe.
- Receive a complimentary one-year subscription to AYA education Review upon completion of the program.
- Receive updates on education research, new programs, and AYA initiatives via the newsletter
- Access the opportunity to critically reflect on your current position and prepare for a change in Africa’s education context. There will be opportunities to creatively plan and develop global networks to support you with your continued career development beyond this program.
Furthermore, the scholarship will include all teaching materials, and E-Schoolbag (including e-books, e-workbooks, educational videos, e-test, etc.)
Eligible candidates must be
- profoundly interested in Metaverse Design and Blockchain technology.
- Africans who hold a bachelor’s degree (at a minimum).
- current undergraduate students studying art, design or architecture.
- college students who want to learn from AYA Research Lab and organization experts.
- in an Art, design, or architecture teaching position in a higher education institution.
All applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language or French and are required to provide evidence of this, have internet access during the program period and a computer.
How to Apply
To receive AYA Financial Aid or a Scholarship, you’ll need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
Applicants will be required to respond to a Category Tool survey during their induction to the program to confirm their eligibility for the program.
Deadline: Applications for the Metaverse Design Thinking Course will be accepted until 11:59 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on November 20, 2022.