Applications for the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health Takemi Program in International Health in the USA in 2023 are currently open.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health traces its roots to public health activism at the beginning of the last century, a time of energetic social reform. From the start, faculty were expected to commit themselves to research as well as teaching. In 1946, no longer affiliated with the medical school, HSPH became an independent, degree-granting body.
Today, the School brings together dedicated experts from many disciplines to educate new generations of global health leaders and produce powerful ideas that improve the lives and health of people everywhere.
It works together as a community of leading scientists, educators, and students to take innovative ideas from the laboratory to people’s lives. Not only making scientific breakthroughs, but also working to change individual behaviours, public policies, and health care practices.
Worth of Award
- The Takemi Program provides participants with the space, time, and flexibility to enhance their capacity for research and leadership. To do this, Fellows are linked to two key resources: the weekly Takemi Seminar Series, and expert faculty.
- In addition, Fellows have the opportunity to collaborate throughout the Harvard community and may elect to deepen their knowledge of theory or practice through relevant coursework.
- Fellows draw on these resources to produce at least one paper of publishable quality.
- Applicants should be mid-career researchers who have completed graduate degrees, published in internationally recognized journals, and demonstrated potential leadership capacity in their home countries.
- They are expected to show strong promise and appropriate preparation (including facility in English) to enable them to fully benefit from the experience.
- Further, they are expected to have made, or intend to make, a commitment to a career in health for which participation in the Program will be of significant value.
- Applications may come from any relevant discipline or profession (e.g., medicine, law, public health, economics, management, and social sciences).
How to Apply
- Please note that data should be collected and ready for analysis before arriving to the Program. Please list the title of your research proposal and upload a PDF version. The full proposal should be no more than 5 pages (excluding the title page and references), single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font. The Proposal must include the following:
- Title page
- Summary of the proposed project including a brief statement of specific aims and objectives and potential significance of the research (1/2 page)
- Specific aims (1/2 to 1 page)
- Background and significance (1/2 to 1 page)
- Data sources (1/2 to 1 page)
- Research design and methods (2 pages)
- Publication List (PDF Upload)
- Document Published in English (PDF Upload)
- References: You must provide three references who are willing to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf.
Deadline: Applications for the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health Takemi Program are ongoing.