Applications for the Search for Common Ground Program Development Internship in Kenya in 2023 are currently open.
Search for Common Ground’s (Search) Africa Program Development Hub is seeking program development interns who will support the team in the design of programs and successful proposals that will contribute to building peace and transforming conflict across the African continent.
- Assist with the development of grant proposals, including but not limited to writing proposal narratives, developing theories of change, articulating program activities, drafting logical frameworks and copy-editing
- Contribute to the development of up-to-date and accurate context statements through rigorous desk research
- Support the development of fundraising strategies
- Analyze calls for proposals and support the team’s pre-positioning efforts
- Edit proposals and communications materials for clarity and precision
- Attend conferences and policy meetings, representing the team
- Backstop the Africa Program Development Hub and our country offices overseas on a range of logistical and administrative tasks
Worth of Award
This is a paid internship. A stipend will be provided to successful interns.
Only applications from legal residents in Kenya will be accepted.
- Working proficiency in other languages such as French, Portuguese, Somali
- Experience working at a non-governmental organization/non-profit or similar environment
- Practical experience in program design
- International experience
Relevant qualifications include
- Degree in relevant subject (NOTE: undergraduates – juniors and seniors, graduate students, and recent graduates are welcome to apply; school credits can also be arranged for students with their institution)
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills in English
- Demonstrable interest in and knowledge of peace building or international development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- A self-starting, detail-oriented and flexible approach to tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and a one-page writing sample in English.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for the Search for Common Ground Program is November 30, 2022.