Google invites applications for the Google CPU Performance Architect, PhD University Graduate in the USA for the 2023/24 academic session.
As a Performance Architect, you’ll contribute to the new CPU architecture and micro-architecture definitions. You’ll partner with micro-architects, hardware and software teams to research innovative ideas. You’ll assess these ideas by using the performance analysis infrastructure you and your team develop. Furthermore, you’ll profile the workloads and analyze their key performance characteristics. You’ll also conduct performance analysis and debug performance bottlenecks.
Worth of Award
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
As part of their responsibilities, interns will
- Build processor performance analysis infrastructure, which includes preparing workloads, developing performance models, porting a design onto a hardware emulator, and conducting performance and workload analysis.
- Work with the RTL team to correlate the performance model with the RTL.
- Collaborate with key micro-architects to develop and assess micro-architecture ideas.
- Select appropriate industry standard processor benchmarks for goal setting. Define and produce custom in-house benchmark suites using first-party applications.
- Participate in PPA (Performance, Power, Area) trade off analysis for architecture and micro-architecture features. Communicate analysis results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion to support decisions.
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, emphasizing computer architecture or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant internship/research/educational experience with modern, high-performance CPU architecture and micro-architecture.
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Experience with performance modeling, performance analysis, and workload characterization.
- Knowledge in system software components, such as Linux, drivers, and runtime.
- Publication(s) in computer architecture related conferences or journals.
How to Apply
Your application should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the Google CPU Performance Architect are ongoing.