The World Youth Movement for Democracy and the International Forum for Democratic Studies at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) invite applications for the Hurford International Youth Fellowship Program for Young Democracy Activists Globally in Washington, DC in 2021.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program seeks to build leadership skills and harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy. Hurford Youth Fellows engage in strategic meetings; conduct research; and organize and lead presentations, online discussions, and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues.
Worth of award
For the Hurford International Youth Fellowship, each fellow will receive
- a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C.
- stipends that take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C.
- a fully equipped office, including internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30
years of age.
- They must demonstrate a strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All application materials should be uploaded via the official application portal.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Applicant Form;
- C.V./Resume; and
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- If you applied last year, you must create a new profile using a new email address.
Deadline: The last day to submit applications is July 3, 2021.