Hamburg University invites applications for the HAW Excellence Scholarships for International Students in Germany for the 2022/23 academic session.
The goal of HAW is developing sustainable solutions to the societal challenges of today and tomorrow when it comes to reflective practice. Its central focus is the excellence of its teaching and degree courses. Simultaneously, HAW Hamburg is continuing to develop its profile as a research university. Notably, people from more than 100 countries help make HAW Hamburg what it is, and its diversity is its particular strength.
Worth of Award
The excellence scholarships are awards of at least €1,800 and are granted for one semester.
You can apply for an excellence scholarship if you fulfill the following criteria:
You / Your
- are an international student at HAW Hamburg.
- obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg.
- have completed at least two semesters (Bachelor’s students) or one semester (Master’s students) at HAW Hamburg and are still within the standard period of study (generelle Regelstudienzeit) of your degree course.
- are not receiving BAföG or other government funding.
- average grade is at least 2.2.
How to Apply
- If you are applying for an excellence scholarship for the first time, you will need letters of recommendation from two instructors in your degree course.
- Master’s students who have already received an excellence scholarship during their Bachelor studies are also required to submit two current letters of reference.
- All other students who have already submitted two letters are not required to submit them again.
The following documents must be submitted with every application:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of enrollment from myHAW
- Current transcript from myHAW with information about average grade and completed credit points
- For students whose average grade and credit points are not listed in their transcript (this currently applies to all degree courses in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, with the exception of Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering), the International Office will request the average grade and credit points from the FSB after the application deadline.
- Copy of your residency permit (non-EU citizens) or a copy of your passport or personal ID card (EU citizens)
- Bank account information form
- Financial circumstances form