WomenLiftHealth invites applications for the East Africa Leadership Journey for Mid-Career Women Leaders in Health in 2023.
The fully funded, 12-month East Africa Leadership Journey is designed to provide talented mid-career women leaders in health with the safe space. A safe space to explore their authentic leadership through vulnerability and reflection; an inclusive and diverse network which fosters a strong sense of belonging; tools and strategies for enhancing their voice, presence, and influence – all the while being supported by a powerful group of peers, mentors, and coaches. The program imparts contextualized tools and frameworks to address the individual, organizational, and societal challenges that women leaders in global health face today.
Worth of Award
All program costs, including travel and lodging, are covered.
You are eligible for consideration if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman
- Work in a role that focuses on public health policy, practice, and/or research. They may include practicing public health in hospitals and health centers, producing research and innovation. It also includes creating or implementing policy, and managing teams/departments or projects/grants.)
- Mid-Career Leader: Possess sufficient years (10 – 20 years) of experience in public health
- Reside and work within Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan or Tanzania
- Must be a national of one of the five countries
- Possess fluency and ease in written and verbal communication in English to express the next level of emotional processing required for the Journey
How to Apply
Within the application, you will be asked to describe your Leadership Project idea, which is a critical element of your application. Please include a letter of recommendation from your supervisor. If unable to obtain a letter of recommendation from your direct supervisor, you may submit a letter written by a senior leader at your current organization. Or a leader in the global health community who has experience working with you.The letter of recommendation may speak to:
- The significant contributions you have made to your professional field that demonstrate leadership capacity
- Your strongest personal quality which distinguishes and qualifies you for selection to participate in this Leadership Journey
- How this Leadership Journey will help you enhance your leadership knowledge and skills