Applications for the Rise Challenge for Young Innovators Worldwide in 2023 are currently open.
Rise is a program that finds brilliant people who need opportunity and supports them for life as they work to serve others. The program starts at ages 15–17 and offers a lifetime of benefits including
- access to career development opportunities,
- funding and more as Global Winners work toward solving humanity’s most pressing problems.
The Rise Challenge encourages applicants to create an individual project. The project should demonstrate your talents and benefits their communities, and peer review other applicants’ projects, among other activities.
Worth of Award
Winners of the Challenge stand to enjoy the following benefits:
- An invitation to attend a fully-funded, three-week residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort. This will be held in a rotating location globally for each new cohort—as well as to join network events in subsequent years.
- Virtual and in-person leadership and educational courses designed specifically for the Global Winner cohort. There’s also a service commitment made through the Global Winner Pledge.
- Access to a network of other Global Winners across cohorts to connect on common interests, make service commitments, launch enterprises, and collaborate together.
- A four-year, post-secondary scholarship at any accredited university. This scholarship includes tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Technology packages, such as laptops or tablets, to be determined each year.
- Applicants for the 2023 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2023, meaning they are born on or between July 2, 2005 and July 1, 2008.
- It does not matter what country they live in, background they come from, or academic experience they have. Whether they are interested in science, innovation, technology, art, policy, community organizing, or any other discipline—Rise wants to hear from you.
How to Apply
- Each video response to a prompt should be 3 minutes or less.
- Each written response to a prompt should be no more than 1600 characters, which is about 14 sentences or 2 paragraphs.
- Once you select either video or text, you’re committed to that format throughout the application. Don’t use the text response option to the project prompts unless you need to because you’re limited from submitting via video.
Deadline: The 100-day Rise Challenge for Young Innovators ends at 16:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on January 25, 2023.