The University of Sheffield invites applications for the Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme for Displaced Students for the 2022/23 academic session.
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence and a unique student experience. It has consistently ranked in the top five universities in the UK for the best overall student experience and its student union has been voted nationally for the 11th consecutive year.
Given its dedication to developing itself as a research institution and improving the quality of its work, it is renowned for the excellence, impact, and distinctiveness of its research-led learning and teaching. It is little wonder, therefore, that this Scheme has been set up to support academics who have been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in their home country.
Worth of Award
The scholarship provides
- Subsistence allowance of £17,350 per annum (pro-rata)
- Additional payment of £5,000 per annum (pro-rata) per dependent (up to a maximum of 3 dependents)
- Expenses on arrival, including travel, of up to £2,500
- Free accommodation is provided for up to a minimum of 6 months as part of the visa requirement under the Homes, for Ukraine Scheme. Applicants who are not eligible for the scheme will receive support to find suitable accommodation
- Project related costs up to £2,500
To be eligible for the scheme:
- You must be an academic who has been displaced or affected by conflict or persecution in your home country.
- You must be able to obtain a UK visa under the Ukrainian visa schemes or another type of UK visa, if applicable, in the case of other nationalities.
- Your proposed area of research should align with areas of research at the University.
- Applicants are expected to remain employed by their home institution and return to their home country to resume their research. This, of course will happen when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
How to Apply
Click here for more details and to apply
Complete the application form and send it along with your CV to [email protected]