The School of Computer and Communication Sciences of the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne offers EPFL Summer Fellowships for International Students in Switzerland in 2023.
A summer fellowship at EPFL is a highly motivating learning experience in a competitive research environment. It is also a great way to get familiar with another culture, to start building a network of connections in Switzerland, and to get prepared for a global career! Last but not least, it is a chance to spend some months in a region rich in natural attractions and offering a multitude of leisure opportunities.
Fellowship recipients will participate in the life of a research unit, typically to help solve problems which are usually part of major research efforts. Often, this will lead to performing challenging programming or design tasks to prove new concepts.
Worth of Award
- Accepted students will receive a living allowance of CHF 1,600.- per month (pro rata to the actual duration). They will also receive a refund of travelling costs (2nd class train ticket or low-cost/economy airfare).
- Furthermore, participants get the chance to learn new skills and to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field while collaborating with leading senior scientists.
- Fellowships are awarded to students enrolled in BSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, or equivalent programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering.
- PhD students are not eligible.
- At the time of application, applicants must be enrolled in the 2nd year Bachelor or above (therefore, all applicants must have successfully completed at least their 1st year of the Bachelor’s programme).
- Projects are offered competitively to students with excellent academic results.
How to Apply
- You will need to upload a CV, all your university transcripts, and a letter of motivation in PDF (ideally on one page and not longer than two pages).
- You should use the letter of motivation to describe your scientific interests and the reasons that made you apply.