Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at National University of Singapore invites applications for the Master in Public Administration Programme for the 2023/24 academic year.
The one-year full-time Master in Public Administration (MPA) programme prepares students for senior management roles in the public sector. It provides an intensive, interdisciplinary course of study for professionals who wish to work on increasingly complex issues shaping national, regional and global policies and projects.
The LKYSPP’s Master in Public Administration aims to equip the future leaders of organisations as well as government institutions and agencies with necessary skills to take on the mantle of leadership in the public sector. Over the course of the programme, participants will be exposed to useful skills and knowledge used by researchers, public managers, leaders as well as policy practitioners. Applicants can look forward to developing their national and international network and boost their leadership and management capabilities.
Worth of Award
International Students (Subsidized Fees inclusive of GST) amounts to S$34,650 in total.
Applicants should have minimum 5 years of working experience and attained a mid-level managerial position in their career. They aspire to management roles and demonstrate commitment towards public service. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
To be considered for the Master in Public Administration (MPA) programme, you must have either:
- A good NUS honours degree (second class and above) or equivalent (e.g. a four-year Bachelor degree with at least an average grade of B or equivalent), and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience; or
- A good Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
Other qualifications may be accepted subject to approval by the NUS Board of Graduate Studies.
How to Apply
The following documents (in soft copies) are required when submitting an application.
- Degree scrolls and academic transcript (including grading description)
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- TOEFL / IELTS test score
- GRE / GMAT (optional)
- Two letters of reference (professional)
- Organisation chart with clear indication of your current position in the chart
1a) What is the most urgent challenge facing your organization, community or nation today? Explain your answer.
b) Tell us something that you have read or seen that offers a solution to the challenge that you have identified in. (600 words)