Applications for the TWAS TÜBİTAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Turkey for the 2023/24 academic year are currently open.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries in the South. Scholars who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in a field of the natural and related applied sciences in the departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Turkey and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
Worth of Award
- TWAS will be responsible for providing travel support to Turkey and from Turkey to researchers’ home / living country and will also cover visa related expenses.
- TÜBİTAK will be responsible for a monthly allowance to cover accommodation and living expenses and private health insurance premiums in Turkey at an amount to be specified by TÜBİTAK.
- The study fees, including tuitions, registration and research costs, should be waived or covered by the host institutes.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country in the South;
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging countries (STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Turkey or any developed country;
- Be employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there;
- Hold a PhD degree in natural and related applied sciences;
- Be a maximum age of 45 years on December 31 of the application year;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from an eligible department, institution or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey, or TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- Provide the Research proposal form prepared in the format determined by TÜBİTAK;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English. If medium of education was not English: provide evidence in English, e.g. standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a University-issued letter certifying the knowledge of the language. If medium of education was English, please write a brief statement indicating what type of education was in English, e.g. high school, BSc or MSc degrees, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Not have previously received or been awarded a fellowship under this programme;
- Must return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Click here for more details and to apply
To access the online application system of TÜBİTAK please see: http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/