Google invites applications for the Google Student BS Researcher Program in Canada for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Student Researcher Program’s primary objective is to foster academic collaborations with students through research at Google. It offers more opportunities for research students to work on critical research projects at Google in a less structured way. It also allows for opportunities beyond the limitations of traditional internship programs on aspects such as duration, time commitment, and working location (with options for on-site or remote). The topics student researchers work on tend to be open-ended and exploratory and don’t always have a clear deliverable as a traditional internship would.
Worth of Award
During the program, you will participate in research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or Natural Sciences.
- Experience in one area of computer science (e.g., Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Currently attending a degree program in Canada.
- Experience as a researcher, including internships, full-time, or at a lab.
- Experience contributing to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in conferences or journals.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go, Python, etc.).
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
How to Apply
- To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English (PDFs preferred).
- Please ensure your anticipated graduation dates (in MM/YY) and any proficiency in coding languages are listed on your resume.
Click here for more details and to apply
Start your application here.