The International Organization for Migration (IOM) and IBER-RUTAS invite applications from professional and amateur photographers to participate in the iDiaspora Photo Contest in 2022.
The Program aims to contribute to the promotion of cultural diversity in Ibero-America for the protection of migrants’ rights from an intercultural perspective. Through this activity, the IOM and IBER-RUTAS seek to highlight the socio-cultural contributions of diasporas and migrant communities around the world and recognize their talent.
Worth of Award
The prizes for amateur and professional categories will be:
First Prize USD 1,500.
Second Prize USD 700.
Third Prize USD 300.
The iDiaspora Photo Contest looks for a series of 3 photographs per participant portraying some of the following categories:
- Navigating identities: Is there a relationship between Diaspora’s homeland and new land? How do diasporas express their sense of belonging in multiple societies?
- Youth and their roots: What is it like to be born or grow up as a member of the diaspora? How can the youth connect with their homeland?
- Diasporas as influencers: How does the diaspora contribute positively to their societies through the use of technology?
- Diasporas helping their communities: What is it like to assist communities during a crisis?
How to Apply
To apply for the contest:
- Register in iDiaspora.org – ” iDiaspora Photo Contest”.
- Create a profile and fill in your personal data by clicking on the “apply” button.
- Complete the details of the photos: Title, a brief description of the photographic series, and how it portrays the themes of the contest (between 100 and 150 words).
- Submit a photographic series of 3 unpublished photographs, in JPG format up to 8 Mb.