AFAWA invites applications for the AFAWA Women Entrepreneurship Enablers Program in 2022.
AFAWA aims to unlock $5 billion in financing for small and medium-sized enterprises owned and managed by women by 2026. It is supported by the Bank’s partners and donors, G7 countries, as well as the Netherlands, Sweden, and the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi). The funding, which aims to strengthen the ecosystem for women’s entrepreneurship, is in line with the Bank’s agenda to further gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The program targets
- women’s business associations,
- incubators, accelerators,
- women-led cooperatives, and
- civil society organizations that promote the development of women entrepreneurs on the continent.
Worth of Award
AFAWA is offering one-time funding of between $100,000 and $250,000 to organizations helping prepare African women-led businesses to drive the continent’s economies. It will be provided through the Bank’s Gender Equality Trust Fund.
- Applicants from all 54 African countries are welcomed, and organizations in the Sahel region and North Africa are strongly encouraged to submit a proposal.
- The program supports projects that enhance the viability and sustainability of formal women-led small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). It also enables them to access financing opportunities to grow their businesses.
- Successful proposals will demonstrate innovative approaches to building a supportive ecosystem for women’s entrepreneurship. Those aimed at improving access to finance for women SMEs.
- Enablers are expected to develop a comprehensive and sustainable capacity-building program to enable access to finance in partnership with financial institutions.
How to Apply
Click here for more details and to apply
Please use this link to register.