AkiraChix invites applications for the AkiraChix codeHive Program for Young African Women in Kenya in 2022.
codeHive is the AkiraChix signature program. It is a one-year fully sponsored residential hands-on technical training program. It provides education and economic opportunities to young women between 18 and 24 years from under-served communities. These are women who have completed high school education but are unable to further their education due to financial constraints.
codeHive looks to recruit 100 highly motivated young women from Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and the refugee communities in Kenya, to join the codeHive class of 2023.
Worth of Award
Students in the codeHive program receive on-demand technology and non-cognitive skills. They also get the opportunity to attend and network at technology conferences and workshops.
Furthermore, they receive
- One-year tuition-free learning
- Accommodation, extracurricular activities, meals, and personal amenities.
- Training facilities including high-speed internet and recreational centres
- Access to technology hubs and maker spaces in Nairobi for tech events and prototyping respectively
- On successful completion of the program and meeting set criteria you get to join codeHiveX
- have completed High School no later than December 2021
- be a young woman aged 18-24 years by January 2023
- be fluent in spoken and written English
- have either a National ID, Alien ID or Refugee certificate of your respective country of origin
- be a citizen of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, or come from the refugee communities in Kenya
- be interested in being a change-maker in your community
- possess a High School result slip/transcript/Photo of your results sent via SMS
- be available full-time to live and learn in the AkiraChix Campus from January 28th to December 1, 2023
- be involved in leadership activities in your community i.e at school, church/mosque/temple etc.
All students are required to develop market-ready prototypes, pitch to prospective employers, and secure a three-month paid internship.
How to Apply
Feel free to send in your applications online via the official website.
Deadline: Deadline for applications: October 21st , 2022 at 11.59 PM (GMT +3).