UNICEF invites applications for the UNICEF StartUp Lab for African Startups in Ghana in 2022.
UNICEF StartUp Lab is an accelerator programme for impactful businesses working to advance the SDGs for children and young people. The programme is led by UNICEF in Ghana, supported by KOICA and implemented by MEST Africa.
The StartUp Lab aims to enhance the business, technological, and communication skills of participating entrepreneurs, and advise on the product-problem fit of their social impact, tech-driven solutions. It delivers a six-month curriculum to startups through intensive bootcamps in Accra, known as Work Weeks, as well as incubation hosted at partner hubs, mentorship, and virtual learning sessions.
Worth of Award
Each selected startup receives up to GHS 25,000 of prototyping funding.
Also, the Lab covers the costs of transportation and accommodation for the Accra Work Weeks
Other key benefits of the program include
- Access to UNICEF & KOICA experts
- Improved Product-Social Impact fit
- Hands-on business acceleration
- Digital Public Good registration track
- AWS credits, development support and more
- has been operational for 1+ years
- is a registered business in Ghana (no NGOs, foundations, or individuals)
- has technology as the core enabler of the business
- has a business model with a social impact that addresses at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Open-source solutions, or startups that are willing to open-source their solutions, are particularly encouraged to apply
- Startups with female founders/co-founders are also encouraged to apply
- The program is designed to include startups from all regions of Ghana
How to Apply
You can start your application online via the official website.
Deadline: Application Deadline: October 21st, 2022.