The University of Waikato invites applications for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand for the 2022/23 academic session.
The scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization, and support talented international applicants. This includes applicants who are enrolling as new students in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato.
Worth of Award
For postgraduate students the Scholarship will have a tenure of one year only and a value of up to $15,000, which will be applied to the first year of full-time postgraduate study.
To be eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship, applicants must:
- be applying to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, as a new international student to the University of Waikato;
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for a degree packaged with the Certificate of Attainment in English Language; the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies; Certificate of University Preparation; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University);
- not currently be enrolled at the University in any undergraduate or postgraduate programme and not have paid fees at the time of application;
- not be coming to the University via a sponsoring body;
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University;
- not be coming to the University on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement ,or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement;
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University.
They should also upload a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template):
- In 100 words or less tell us why you want to study at the University of Waikato?
- In 100 words or less tell us how you will be a global ambassador for the University?
Deadline: Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time and decisions will normally be made within 8 to 12 weeks of the time of application.