Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation invites international Journalists to apply for the 2014 Media Residencies (PRESS). This program is for international media professionals (print or electronic) who are interested in writing articles and reports and conducting interviews in Mexico. The length of the grant is from one week to one month.
Worth of Award
- One-time stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to US$744.91 At the January 20, 2014 exchange rate)
- Round-trip international airfare
The programme is open to Media professionals who are currently working in their field
How to Apply
The following documents must be submitted:
- Application form, completed and signed, with photo
- Letter from the media company where the applicant works confirming its interest in his/her participation in the program and committing to publishing the work done in Mexico
- Resume (CV) in Spanish, or the original and a Spanish translation
- An explanation of why the applicant is interested in carrying out the project in Mexico
- Structured work program with a precise title and a timetable describing in detail the planned activities and the final product
- Medical certificate of good health issued by a public institution
- Copy of passport
- 8 photographs (not digital) for a stay of over two months, or 2 photographs if for less than two months
- NB: The candidate must submit an original copy of the published work (in print, audio or video) to the Academic Exchange Office.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted from March 5 to August 29, 2014. The programs must begin between April and October 2014. Applications received outside of these dates will not be processed. Applicants will be informed of the results in writing by the corresponding Mexican embassy or the Mexican host institution.
Click here for more details and to apply online