The Mexican Government invites applications from specialists and professors for the 2014 Visiting Professor Program. The programme provides grants to successful specialists and/or professors to give special lectures, courses, workshops, seminars, etc. in Mexican universities or research centres for a minimum of four hours a week. The programme will be between one to six months.
Worth of Award
- Host Institution: The Mexican institution can offer the specialist financing in addition to that
- offered by the Foreign Ministry, if so required.
- Foreign Ministry:
- Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to US$744.91)*
- Round-trip international transportation
- Transportation Mexico City – host institution – Mexico City if outside of the capital
- Any additional travel within Mexico needed to carry out any sort of activity must be paid for by the grantee.
- IMSS health insurance beginning in the third month of the grant
- Must come from a university or research institution and hold a PhD or have extensive teaching experience and
- Be an expert in the subject of the lecture, course, workshop or seminar.
How to Apply
The following documents must be submitted:
- Application form, completed and signed, with photograph
- Letter from the host institution inviting the applicant to give a lecture, course, workshop or seminar, clearing stating the title, the audience and the start and end dates of the activities Resume (CV) in Spanish, or the original and a Spanish translation
- Timetable of the activities arranged with the academic institution, specifying the number of hours involved.
- Medical certificate of good health issued by a public institution
- Copy of passport
- 8 photographs (not digital) for a stay of over 2 months, or 2 photographs if for less than two months
Deadline: Applications will be accepted from March 5 to August 29, 2014. The programs must begin between April and October 2014. Applications received outside of these dates will not be processed. Applicants will be informed of the results in writing by the corresponding Mexican embassy or the Mexican host institution.
Click here for more details and to apply online