University of Queensland invites applications for the Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship in Australia for the 2022/23 academic session.
Ranked in the world’s top 50, The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions which works collaboratively to break down all personal, financial and geographical barriers facing Queensland students.
Worth of Award
$10,000 per year. You may also receive up to $10,000 for travel support for approved Gap Semester, exchange or internship opportunities.
You’re eligible if you:
- are enrolled or intending to enroll as a full-time student in a UQ undergraduate program in 2023
- are a Commencing Student who achieved a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank of 99.00 (or equivalent); or
- are a Continuing Student who has a minimum GPA of 6.0 (or equivalent); and
- don’t hold a similar scholarship.
How to Apply
When sending in your application, you’ll need:
- a cover letter
- your resume
- a copy of your semester 2 Year 11 report and your semester 1 Year 12 report (or equivalent) or most recent university transcript if you are a current student
You’ll also be asked to prepare a short video that’s no longer than 1 minute, and to respond to a few short answer questions to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria for this scholarship.
It is important to note that applicants will be selected based on
- evidence of academic achievement in courses undertaken in Year 12 and/or in an approved program
- quality of the short video and essay
- evidence of personal qualities including:
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated strength of interest in undertaking co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- any other matter the selection committee considers relevant to your future success at UQ and in your subsequent career.
Deadline: Applications for the Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship close November 20, 2022.