Applications for the Nest Artist Residency Programme for Creatives Worldwide in 2022 are currently open.
The programme seeks to deepen the relationship between local new generation artists and the broader artistic community. The goal of this residency is rooted in process, with a focus on risk taking, mistake-making, embracing failure as a step toward greatness, and exploring new ways of artistic expression that starts by asking ‘what do you need?’
This is an opportunity for directors, playwrights, poets, musicians, designers, divisors, and creators of all kinds looking for the necessary space and mentorship to cultivate ideas into works that are provocative, innovative, and ambitious.
Worth of Award
Artists in Nest receive
- Professional development opportunities through one-on-one mentorship, arts-based workshops, monthly writing sessions and attendance at The Forum; a discussion series to inspire meaningful exchanges and harmonious debate.
- FREE use of The Green (Suitcase in Point’s studio space), to engage in a self-directed creation process of your choosing.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and other artists in the Nest
- Technical expertise, production, marketing and administrative support from SIP staff, in service of your artistic project
- Opportunity to share your work at In the Soil Arts Festival, presented by Suitcase in Point.
- self-identify as an emerging artist aged 21+
- reside in the Niagara Region, unless they have accessible transportation (ie. A car or private jet) to the region.
- be individual artists or collaborative duos/teams/small ensembles under the leadership of a single applicant.
- Only one application per artist or collective is permitted.
- Applicants may not apply as an individual AND be part of a simultaneous collective application.
- Applications may not apply as part of multiple collectives.
All applications for the Nest Artist Residency Programme must be received no later than the deadline to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
For the application form, applicants must have a Google account to be able to upload files to the form.
If you do not have or are unable to create a Google account, please email [email protected] for an alternative method to share files with Nest.
Deadline: Monday, October 24, 2022 by 11:59 pm.