Applications for the GLFx Africa for Sustainable Agrifood Systems in 2022 are currently open.
GLFx is a decentralized network of independently-organised chapters that gather regularly to promote sustainable activities within their landscapes. It is designed to accelerate global action towards sustainable landscapes by equipping members with the knowledge, technology, and networks to connect, share, learn, and act through a holistic approach.
GLFx was created to improve landscapes from the ground up by harnessing the efforts of communities to promote sustainable landscapes. The initiative is powered by community action plans that aim to facilitate community mobilization training, the implementation of local restoration actions, and knowledge exchange.
Worth of Award
Selected chapters will receive:
- seed funding of €5,000 to run chapter activities
- community mobilization training to enable coordinated restoration action
- workshops and/or tool kits to facilitate the implementation of a community action plan
- GLFx Secretariat support in key areas (e.g. technical assistance for platform onboarding, capacity development materials, and learning opportunities)
- a connection to, and support for, GLF charter members in their region and the GLFx chapter network
- promotional opportunities (e.g. profiles in the Landscape News online journal, speaking engagements)
The call is for groups of individuals (teams), networks, partnerships, initiatives, and organizations that:
- are based in Africa
- promote on-the-ground local actions and community meetings towards sustainable land use
- are well organized, with an administrative structure to receive and manage funds
- are diverse: gender balance is key in a team, and will be taken into account during the selection process
Please also note that:
- demonstrated experience in mobilizing actors to facilitate local action is an asset
- groups with a strong commitment to promoting sustainable agriculture and restoration are particularly encouraged to apply
- groups of individuals, or organizations, that have already initiated partnerships and dialogues with other stakeholders in the landscape are particularly invited to apply
How to Apply
When you apply, in addition to your personal and organizational information, you will be asked the following questions (make sure to prepare your answers in advance!):
About your team, your motivation and background
- Who will be your chapter coordinator?
- What is your motivation to start a chapter? (200 words max)
- What skills, experience, or background do you and your team have that will ensure the success of your chapters? Please also mention practical activities that you have already carried out, if any (300 words max).
- What is the context of your landscape? Please share key issues, challenges, and opportunities (200 words max).
About your project
- How are you and your team promoting on-the-ground actions towards more sustainable landscapes? Please mention activities or projects you are already carrying out, or are planning to do (300 words max).
- How will GLF’s support enable you to further address key issues in your landscape? (200 words max)
- Which partners are you planning on engaging (or are you already engaged with), and how are you planning to do so?
Deadline: October 30th is the deadline to apply for the GLFx Africa for Sustainable Agrifood Systems programme.