Arizona State University invites applications for the Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship for African Students in the USA for the 2022/23 academic session.
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, Arizona State University will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 young African professionals at the Master’s level for various programs over 4 years (2021 – 2025). This scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
Worth of Award
The scholarship will cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books, and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, which includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show a lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum of 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
How to Apply
There are 2 ways to submit your application for the Mastercard Foundation Baobab Digital Innovation Scholarship:
To submit an online application, click NEXT on the official website.
If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for all applications will be 16:00 GMT (9:00 AM AZ time) on Friday, October 7. No exceptions.
Click here for more details and to apply
To access the downloadable form click HERE.