The Feenix Trust invites applications for the Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme for South Africans for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Feenix team and its community believe in the potential of youth. It believes that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. This is because education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
Worth of Award
The Bursary programme offers
- An opportunity to receive part or full funding for your studies including historical debt (everything on your fee statement will be covered such as tuition and accommodation expenses).
- Bursary candidates will receive access to a global-award winning financial literacy platform, Blackbullion South Africa. This platform delivers engaging and relevant content to help young South Africans make better financial decisions before, during and after University.
You will be considered an eligible candidate for as much as you satisfy the following criteria:
- a South African citizen
- 35 years old or younger
- have completed your degree in 2020 or 2021
- have outstanding student debt
- have completed your undergraduate degree at one of the 26 Public South African universities (unfortunately no postgraduate degrees or diplomas)
- a student in the following fields of study
- Data Science
- Information Technology
- NOT registered for further studies in 2022
- a student looking to get your degree so you can seek employment
- a student with family household income under R600, 000 per annum (under R850k per annum if a student with a disability)
- in agreement to opt-in to providing progress updates over the next 12 months for funder reporting purposes (E.g. have you found employment yet? Are you continuing with your studies?)
If you are a student with a disability please include a medical letter stating the nature of your disability.
How to Apply
Please note that you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply, as you will only be able to complete the application form in one sitting.
- An official fee statement (reflecting all debt accumulated) not older than 30 days on the university letterhead and/or stamped (Proof of Registration and Fee Quotations will NOT be accepted as a fee statement)
- A clear copy of your ID, certified and not older than 6 months*
- *Note: ID card copy to include both sides of card
- Letter of completion (2020 or 2021)
- Academic Transcripts (if available)
- A motivation letter answering the questions “How would you describe your personal brand?” and “What makes your future worth investing in?” (1200 words max)
Deadline: Applications for the Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme close on Friday, September 30th, 2022.