The Mexican government in collaboration with the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation invite application from international students for the 2014/15 Genaro Estrada Research Grant for Mexican Studies. Candidates must be a published expert on a topic related to Mexico with an established career. This program is not open to candidates who are beginning their studies or research.
Host Institutions in Mexico include Higher education institutions, archives, libraries, research centres, cultural institutions, etc. The programme will last between a minimum of one month to maximum of twelve months.
Worth of Award
- Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to US$747.69)*
- Round-trip international airfare
- Round trip transportation from Mexico City to the site of the grant and back
- Any additional travel within Mexico needed to carry out any sort of activity must be Paid for by the grantee.
- IMSS health insurance beginning in the third month of the grant
- Must be a published expert on a topic related to Mexico with an established career.
- This program is not open to candidates who are beginning their studies or research.
Host Institutions in Mexico
- Higher education institutions,
- Archives, libraries,
- Research Centres,
- Cultural institutions, etc.
Requirements: Must have extensive experience, research and publications on any topic related to
- Mexico and the grant must be related to this topic.
- Must have a research proposal on education or any other topic related to Mexico that has been approved by an advisor.
How to Apply
The following documents must be submitted:
- Application form, completed and signed, with photo
- Letter from the host institution in Mexico inviting the candidate to conduct his/her
- Research, clearly stating the title of the research and the start and end dates of the project.
- Resume (CV) in Spanish, or the original and a Spanish translation.
- An explanation of why the applicant is interested in conducting research in Mexico.
- A research proposal on a topic related to Mexico for which the research grant is being requested, and what the applicant intends to accomplish.
- If Spanish is not the applicant’s native language, a certificate of an advanced level of proficiency in Spanish.
- Medical certificate of good health issued by a public institution
- Copy of passport
- 8 photographs (not digital) for a stay of over two months, or 2 photographs if for less than two months.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted from March 5 to August 29, 2014. The programs must begin between April and October 2014. Applications received outside of these dates will not be processed. Applicants will be informed of the results in writing by the corresponding Mexican embassy or the Mexican host institution.