Applications for the CSEAS Fellowship for Visiting Research Scholars in Kyoto, Japan in 2022 are currently open.
Since 1975, CSEAS has had an established visiting scholarship program to promote research activities in and on the region by distinguished scholars. To date, over 400 have availed themselves of the Center’s considerable scholarly resources. This they have done to engage in path-breaking, multidisciplinary research and develop comparative, historical, and global perspectives on Southeast Asia. It is worth of note that many of these scholars are leading researchers in their respective fields.
Worth of Award
- Successful applicants will receive an appropriate stipend. This stipend will cover international travel and living expenses in Kyoto and research funds will be provided to facilitate work.
- Funds will also be allocated for domestic travel, subject to government regulations.
- Applicants must be productive scholars of high reputation under 65 years of age at the time of the fellowship appointment; those over 65 may be considered only if they are outstanding.
- Only experienced librarians are eligible to apply for the library position.
- Scholars who have previously held CSEAS fellowships must wait six years after the completion of their fellowships before reapplying.
- Note that this fellowship is not available to individuals currently pursuing graduate degrees or post-doctoral studies.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications via the online form and online applications must have the following documents attached separately.
- A completed online application form. Please send the files in PDF format by E-mail ([email protected])
- A curriculum vitae (must not exceed 5 pages and must include a list of all major publications)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Applicants must also contact their respective referees and request them to send their letters of recommendation to CSEAS via email. The letter should be written on their institution’s letterhead.)
- A research plan for the fellowship term (Please write a concise overview of your research project for your stay at CSEAS within 2 pages.
Deadline: Applications for the CSEAS Fellowship for Visiting Research Scholars must be submitted no later than October 31, 2022.