The Roddenberry Foundation invites applications for the Roddenberry Prize for Early-Stage Ventures Worldwide in 2022.
The Prize supports early-stage ventures that leverage scientific breakthroughs or emerging technologies that hold the promise for a better future.
At the heart of The Roddenberry Prize is a belief in the potential for scientific and technological innovation. Innovations that will help us lead better, healthier, and more productive lives while helping the planet and our environment flourish.
The Roddenberry Prize is an invitation to challenge the status quo, catalyze new ways of thinking, and imagine a better future. It is an opportunity to envision a world that is more equitable and prosperous in which all of us can thrive.
So, if you are a foundation, impact investor, venture capitalist, accelerator, academic institution, or a similar type of funder and want members of your network or portfolio to be eligible to apply for the Prize, please nominate them.
Worth of Award
- There is a grand prize of $1,000,000 in non-dilutive financing.
- It comes along with five $100,000 finalist awards, which will be granted to early-stage ventures that have the potential to change the world.
The Roddenberry Prize seeks to support early-stage ventures – nonprofit and mission-driven for-profit entities – that meet the following broad criteria:
- early stage ventures that have successfully raised Seed Rounds through Series A financing.
- solutions that have the potential to achieve one or more of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- innovation with the potential for real-life impact.
- an audacious, far-reaching, and scalable vision that can solve a global challenge.
- purpose-driven, human-centred, and responsible innovation that reduces inequity.
How to Apply
Participating in The Roddenberry Prize is by nomination only.
Deadline: The deadline for nominations for the Roddenberry Prize for Early-Stage Ventures is September 12, 2022.