Applications for the UNU-WIDER Visiting Scholars Programme in Finland in 2022.
The Visiting Scholars Programme gives qualified scholars an opportunity to research topics related to development and/or global economic issues, and to participate in UNU-WIDER activities.
Worth of Award
- UNU-WIDER provides medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER). It also provides a monthly stipend of EUR 3,000 as a contribution towards travel, visa, accommodation and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Visiting scholars may apply for a supplementary grant to cover high travel costs (including visa) if they exceed EUR 1,200 (lowest economy class fare).
- The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- Applicants should have a PhD degree in economics or a development-related discipline.
- A good publication record is an added advantage. Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
- Applicants whose research overlaps with the current research programme are preferred, but it remains open to proposals on all aspects of development.
How to Apply
As part of your application, you will be asked to upload your curriculum vitae.
If you experience problems with uploading this document then it can be emailed to the following address: scholars1(at)wider.unu.edu.
Please note: Applications by email or post will not be received.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is September 30, 23:59 UTC+3.