RMIT University and the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) invite applications for the PhD Scholarship in Additive Manufacturing and AI (TUHH-DC1) for the 2022/23 academic year.
This is a 24-month research position (extendable for up to 48 months). It is based in Germany at the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH). The position is funded by European Union under the MSCA COFUND Action: RMIT European Doctoral Innovators (REDI) program. The selected Researcher will be enrolled at the aforementioned universities.
Worth of Award
The remuneration will consist of a gross annual salary of around 35,000 EUR per year.
- 30 working days off per year.
- Paid sick days up to 6 weeks per year.
- Citizens of foreign countries who live and work in Germany and have a settlement permit. Or a residence permit can apply for parental benefit (Elterngeld) after the birth of their child.
- 1,000€ yearly travel allowance to cover flights and accommodation. This is to participate in the annual workshop at RMIT Europe in Barcelona (Spain).
- 10,000€ allowance to cover flights and living expenses for up to 12 months in Australia.
To apply for REDI, you must comply with the MSCA-COFUND eligibility criteria by the application deadline:
- Be in the first four years (Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) research experience of your research career and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of your research host for more than 12 months. That is in the 3 years immediately before this call’s deadline.
AND the following criteria:
- Hold a master’s OR equivalent degree (for example bachelor’s degree with honours) in a discipline related to the research project of your choice This includes a research component that allows you to enroll in a university doctoral programme by January 2023,
- Have evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or professional experience. Experience demonstrating that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the chosen project.
- Have English level C1 language proficiency.
In addition to the above, if your application is successful, you will be required to:
- Apply for a working visa in Germany
- Apply for a student visa in Australia
How to Apply
Kindly apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the PhD Scholarship in Additive Manufacturing close on September 19th, 2022.