RMIT University invites applications for the PhD Scholarship in Inclusive Design for Urban Reconstruction (UIC-DC2) in Australia for the 2022/23 academic year.
REDI is looking for one Researcher (with less than 4 years of research experience. Plus, they should not possess a Doctoral Degree yet), but who will be closely working with both RMIT University(Australia) and UIC (Spain) on one of the following research projects:
- Gender-based post-conflict urban reconstruction
- Assessing and measuring the non-shelter impacts of the design of shelter and settlement reconstruction projects
- Community-based design for disaster resilience
Worth of Award
One position is valued at up to 24,500 EUR per annum for 3 years full-time, with the possibility for a 12-month extension.
- Holiday leave
- Sick leave
- Parental leave
- 1,000€ yearly travel allowance to cover flights and accommodation to participate in the annual workshop at RMIT Europe in Barcelona (Spain)
- 10,000€ allowance to cover flights and living expenses for up to 12 months in Australia
To apply for REDI, you must comply with the MSCA-COFUND eligibility criteria by the application deadline: They include
- Being in the first four years (Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) research experience of your research career and not yet being awarded a doctoral degree.
- Not having resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of your research host for more than 12 months.
- Holding a master’s OR equivalent degree.
- Having evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or professional experience. Experience that demonstrates that you have developed knowledge of the field of study. Or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the chosen project.
- Having English level C1 language proficiency.
In addition, if your application is successful, you will be required to apply for a student/working visa and residence permit in Spain.
How to Apply
You can apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the PhD Scholarship in Inclusive Design close on September 19th, 2022.