Sterling Bank invites applications for the Sterling Apprenticeship Program (SAP) for Nigerian Students for the 2022/23 academic session.
Driven by its purpose to enrich lives and promote the quality of education for the average Nigerian youth, Sterling Bank introduced the “Grow with Sterling” initiative. The Program is designed to transform the employment market; to attract, train and retain the best talents for the industry. It is a parallel, market-fit education path, targeted at qualified secondary school graduates and young graduates.
Worth of Award
- Grow with Sterling is a social impact programme that will enable Nigerian Secondary School Leavers further their education under a partnership arrangement between Sterling and Nexford University.
- As a first of its kind, this set of Learners will also have the opportunity to be fully engaged by Sterling under a “Work-Study” arrangement for the duration of their programme with Nexford University.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Nigerian living in Nigeria
- Have five credits including English and Mathematics at ‘O’ levels or its equivalent
- Provide a strong guarantor from your parents or guardian
- Not have a Bachelor’s degree and not be enrolled in any tertiary institution in Nigeria or abroad
The screening process for shortlisted applicants includes the following:
- O level screening
- Speed test
You would be required to submit the following documents including a parent’s valid means of ID, a sponsor’s valid means of ID, and a guarantor’s valid means of ID.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete the application and provide:
- A 150-word essay answering the question “why should you be considered for the Grow with Sterling Scholarship? (150 words maximum)
- Secondary school certificate (WAEC, NECO, or GCE)
- Government-issued ID or passport
- Other relevant certificates
Deadline: Applications for the Sterling Apprenticeship Program are ongoing.