Netflix invites applications for the Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships for Nigeria, West & Central Africa for the 2022/23 academic session.
Currently, many young Africans in the creative space struggle with access to adequate resources to support their journey. This is despite the fact that strong academic institutions do exist on the continent. Netflix Scholarships aim to address this challenge by boosting financial support to Sub-Saharan African youth. It also seeks to empower them in their pursuit of knowledge and skills in the creative academic field. This fund will, therefore, enable them to access the highest quality programs and institutions in the region.
Worth of Award
The size of the scholarship fund will be defined on a case-by-case basis considering the TV/Film school program cost and the country’s average living cost. But it will include
- tuition fees,
- study material fees,
- accommodation, and
- living expenses.
The scholarship program is open to individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
Applicants must be citizens of and currently living in a West or Central African country:
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
- Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, São Tomé & Principe
Note: Applicants who are citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are covered by the Southern African Development Community (SADC) program
Similarly, applicants must be enrolled in the partner institutions, namely:
- National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI)–Ghana
- National Film Institute Jos –Nigeria
- Pan-Atlantic University–Nigeria
- Institut Philippe Maury de l’Audiovisuel et du Cinéma (IPMAC) du groupe EM-Gabon
- Université (EMGU)–GabonoInstitut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel (ISMA) –Benin
Without a doubt, applicants must have been studying TV/Cinema industry related courses
Note: Although the scholarship program is open to all students enrolled in TV and film programs, priority will be given to those who are graduating within two years of applying.
How to Apply
Deadline: In conclusion, the deadline to submit your application for the Netflix Creative Equity Scholarships is Sunday, September 4th, 2022 at 11:59 pm (GMT).