Applications for the British Council New Narratives Co-Creation Grant in the UK in 2022 are currently open.
As part of its strategy, the British Council has embarked on a new programme, New Narratives, that will support more diverse, alternative narratives between young people in Africa and the UK. The programme aims to contribute to changing reciprocal perceptions between both places to stimulate new understanding. This will unlock new connections and collaborations for mutual benefit. The programme will work across its business areas including the Cultural and Creative Industries, Education and Social Inclusion.
Worth of Award
Targeting a youth (18 – 35-year-old) audience, the co-creation grant aims to support Africa and UK cultural partnerships. This support will enable them develop digital, face-to-face, and hybrid artistic projects that examine New Narratives.
It is offering THREE co-creation grants of up to GBP 20,000, to three different hubs/collectives.
- Multidisciplinary hubs and/or collectives applying need to work directly with young people aged between 18 and 35 yrs old. The core team can include creatives/practitioners/experts from different countries of Africa and the UK.
- The administrative lead of the application needs to be from one of the primary1 countries listed, with the rest of the members of the group being from any of the listed secondary2 countries.
- The group’s capability and skills must be spread across Africa and UK
- There should be a clear articulation of the roles and responsibilities of each member of the group
- The successful groups need to have Intellectual Property and other applicable rights agreed on and in place upon the signing of the contract.
How to Apply
You can apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Complete the online form for the British Council New Narratives Co-Creation Grant by August 30th, 2022 midnight CAT.