Applications for the British Council IELTS Prize for High Calibre Individuals in 2022 are currently open.
The IELTS Prize is awarded to high-caliber individuals with the motivation to develop their careers, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
Worth of Award
Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries below will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
- be 18 years or above
- be a resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa (except applicants in Canada)
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in academic year 2023/2024
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- register for an IELTS test with the British Council between September 1, 2021 and September 15, 2022 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form
- have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 or higher
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by latest September 1, 2023
How to Apply
Complete the IELTS Prize online application form and submit it together with uploaded copies of your:
- British Council IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Forwarding these documents by email to your country’s office is possible too.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting completed applications for the British Council IELTS Prize is September 30, 2022 – 11:59 GMT.