IGB invites applications for the IGB Postdoctoral Programme for excellent Postdoctoral Scientists Worldwide in 2022 are currently open.
Would you like to expand your research in freshwater science or inland fisheries?
Are you highly motivated to put your new ideas into research action?
Are you keen on working abroad to engage with an interdisciplinary team of scientists dedicated to advancing freshwater ecology, inland fisheries, or related areas?
Or are you looking for unique research facilities that can help address emerging questions for the benefit of freshwaters?
You are cordially invited to apply for a postdoctoral research position at IGB. Berlin, the vibrant capital of Germany, is an attractive science location, where you will find stimulating working conditions, excellent infrastructure and open-minded colleagues. Colleagues with a wide range of backgrounds in freshwater science and inland fisheries.
Worth of Award
- Postdoctoral positions are paid according to the German TVöD salary scheme for scientists in public research institutions (Labour Agreement of the Public Service), including social security and health insurance.
- IGB also offers a one-time travel allowance (1200 €) and a bench fee (300 € per month).
- The bench fee can be used for workshop and conference attendance as well.
- At the time of application, successful candidates can be based at institutions in any country worldwide except Germany.
- Scientists residing in Germany are not eligible to apply, independent of their nationality.
- The Frontiers in Freshwater Science programme welcomes candidates that aim to develop their proposed research further through additional applications on the same topic and thus create a multiplicative effect.
- IGB especially welcomes applications by female scientists. Its goal is to fill two-thirds of the positions within the Frontiers in Freshwater Science programme with excellent female researchers. Disabled persons with equal qualifications will be favoured.
How to Apply
- Your CV, including a complete list of publications
- Certificate of your doctoral degree
- A motivation letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Your ideas for research to be conducted at IGB, outlining your aims and proposed activities (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of support by your host(s), including appreciation for the candidate and the proposed work, complementarity to the expertise of the host group and added value for IGB (max. 1 page)
- Optional: recommendations letter(s), if regarded useful by the host
Deadline: The deadline for applications for the IGB Postdoctoral Programme is October 1.