Applications for the Cinema without Borders Workshop for Film Festival Organizers in The Netherlands in 2022 are currently open.
Cinema without Borders is a multi-day interactive workshop programme for film festival organizers to strengthen new human rights film festivals and enhance the sustainability of existing festivals. In addition to connecting with like-minded festivals, sharing ideas, and building new networks, participants get inspired and assisted.
Worth of Award
- There is no participation fee, costs for travel and lodging will be covered and participants are expected to be available for all 4 days of the programme.
- Participants will gain practical knowledge and get fresh ideas and possibilities to strengthen their network.
- By exchanging experiences and best practices, participants are inspired and assisted to further develop their own festival.
- The interactive workshops will address various aspects of organizing a human rights film festival, such as programming films and organizing debates, fundraising, impact strategies, promotion, and reaching new audiences.
- It will select a maximum of 15 qualified participants from the field of cinema and human rights, who already have some experience in organizing at least one socially engaged film event/festival.
- Requirements for participation include a good level of English and a relationship to a reliable non-profit organisation.
- Selection is based on motivation and experience. Gender and regional balance of participants is also taken into account.
Participants from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda are invited to apply.
How to Apply
Fill out the online form and application form and submit to Movies that Matter.
Deadline: Sunday, September 11, at midnight CEST.